Cough Seacon Remedy, MinneapolisCoughs can be very annoying especially around holiday season. Here are some natural remedies to help you or your family get over a cough:
- Make it sweet. Honey in a small amount of water soothes the throat and can alleviate an irritating cough. Consult your doctor before using this method with children under 2.
- Moisten your mucus. Water and other liquids can be simple and effective. Moistened mucus is easier to cough up!
- A tart twist. Add the juice of half a lemon to warm water. If you’re looking for a cough syrup substitute, add two parts honey and one part lemon juice.
- Kill the cough before it starts. Maintaining high levels of vitamin C with zinc can be a big help both preventatively and if you already have a cough!
- Raise the humidity. Irritation in the throat may be reduced by using a humidifier, especially where you sleep.
- Breathe in the best. Essential oils may be inhaled or used as a rub to soothe a cough. Try peppermint, eucalyptus, sandalwood or cypress.
- Kick congestion to the curb. Try using a neti-pot regularly to help with nasal congestion and sinus issues.
- Just say no. Avoid dairy products, meats, and fried foods. They increase the production of mucus.
- Spice up your life. Eat spicy foods, such as hot peppers. They help break up mucus so it is easier to expectorate.
- Some like it hot. A hot bath or shower will soothe irritated airways and loosen sinus congestion.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and help you live a healthier life. We look forward to seeing you soon!